News & Announcements
The presentations are archived and can be viewed at http://mediasite.uvs.umn.edu/Mediasite/Viewer/?peid=6d31243c5d0b45a3b5b057d714d9bf8a.
Dear UMGC Clients,
We are delighted to announce that thanks to financial support from a university-wide consortium of administrators, we have been able to lower our rates significantly.
Beginning with fiscal year 2013, funds have been provided by the following:
• Academic Health Center (AHC)
• Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR)
• Medical School
• College of Biological Sciences (CBS)
• College of Veterinary Medicine
• College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS)
• College of Pharmacy
• Dental School
• UMN Duluth
• College of Liberal Arts (CLA)
• School of Public Health
• College of Education and Human Development.
Although rates have not decreased for all services, most have benefited, and next-generation sequencing rates have been decreased by 40%-60%. Next-generation library creation rates have dropped by 20% or more.
Over the coming year, the UMGC plans to use newly acquired subsidies to improve our services in qualitative ways as well as offering a wider array of next-generation applications, improving turnaround time, and putting in place online tools for interacting with and tracking UMGC projects.
- University of Minnesota Genomics Center Staff